Week two of coding is done. This past week was brutally frustrating as I tried to work my way through Swift’s Codable type. After 15 hours of Google searches, Swift Playgrounds, and countless rewrites of the same code; I finally figured out how to take my JSON response and turn it into useable information.
What I Learned
- Playgrounds is useful for quickly testing blocks of code
- Adding existing view controllers into a navigation bar is easy
- Codable is great… as long as you don’t have a lot of nested data
- URLSessions are an asynchronous process
- You can return data through a completion handler